Hospice of the Valley is seeking a full-time Nurse Educator with good communication skills to develop business partnerships and build relationships with referral sources by making effective sales contacts and presentations.
This position reports to the business development department and serves as our hospice staff liaison with physicians, hospital/institutional nurses, social workers, discharge planners and community agencies, and works with various community agencies to facilitate the delivery of appropriate services for potential Hospice of the Valley patients. This position participates with marketing efforts for the purpose of educating the medical community about hospice programs, including physician calls, lunch and learns and medical related health fairs, speaker’s bureau, and CEU programs for healthcare providers.
Along with compassionate and quality clinical skills, we are looking for the right personality with a passion for providing excellent customer service, and foster teamwork within and across departments. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while still demonstrating empathy and professionalism to families needing understanding and attention.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
· Must be licensed by the State Board of Nursing
· Is a graduate of an accredited school of professional registered nursing, BSN preferred
· Have had a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a health care industry
· Must possess and maintain a current CPR certification
· Must successfully complete the post job offer physical and drug screening and submit to periodic tuberculin skin tests or chest x-rays at agency expense
· Must have and maintain current driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
· Computer proficiency is crucial and experience with EMR preferred.
· Committed to the Hospice philosophy.
· Understands that teamwork is a crucial part of our business, and is able to work well with colleagues.
· Competitive Salary
· 401K/401K Roth
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· PTO/LTS and Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hospice of the Valley maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with employees and applicants. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
240 Johnston Street, SE
PO Box 2745
Decatur, AL 35602